WordPress is the most popular CMS and best blogging platform. It is easy to learn and use. If you don’t have much technical knowledge, you don’t need to worry. With some efforts, you will learn it quickly. Just check this WordPress How To guide. I tried to keep this guide sorted in sequence to help you learn WordPress in a better way. If you have decided to learn WordPress, I am ready to help you. In this section, you will find the collection of WordPress tutorials that will help you while learning WordPress.
All articles here are related to self-hosted WordPress blog. For this, you need to have a web hosting account and a domain name. You can buy the domain name from GoDaddy or Bigrock. I personally use these two services to register the domain name. With available coupon codes, you can also save money. For hosting, you can go for BlueHost, DreamHost or HostGator.
But I recommend BlueHost. Check its hosting plans.
WordPress How To Guides – WordPress Tutorials
See our WordPress how to Guide Below:
Why Use WordPress?
This is the biggest question comes to mind when a person starts thinking about WordPress. WordPress is the most popular blogging platform which is easy to manage and customize. With built-in support for plugins and themes, it is easy to change the look, add more features. You can read the below articles to know why you should use WordPress.
In this section, You will find WordPress Tutorials for installation and setup. You will learn how to install WordPress on your local system to start learning. You will also learn how to install themes and plugins in your newly created WordPress blog. You will also learn how to check if the theme is safe to use.
- How To Install WordPress on Your Local System with Wamp
- How to Install WordPress Theme
- How to Install a WordPress Plugin
- Check Whether WordPress Theme is Free of Malicious Links or Not
- Increase Speed of WordPress Blog
WordPress Theme Resources
WordPress is backed by a large community of developers. So, there are various free and premium themes available for WordPress. If you are searching for the best theme for your WordPress blog, you can try these resources.
- WordPress Themes Directory
- Thesis Themes
- Theme Junkie
- Elegant Themes (Read Review)
WordPress SEO Tutorials
SEO is an important part of website’s success. In this blog, we have already covered, SEO, On page optimization, off page optimization, Keyword research and many other things related to SEO terms. To make your SEO work easy, you can use following SEO plugins and tips. This is another important WordPress Tutorials section and must read too.
- SEO Friendly Permalink WordPress
- Top WordPress SEO Plugins
- Quick SEO Tips for WordPress users
- Avoid Duplicate Content Issue
- Plugin for SEO friendly Images
- How To Make Your WordPress Blog Mobile Friendly and Improve Traffic
- 5 Simple and Good WordPress Pagination Plugins
WordPress Essential Plugins
To Improve the feature of WordPress and make it better, we can use following plugins. These plugins will improve your blog. These WordPress Tutorials will tell you about important and useful WordPress plugins.
- Must Have WordPress Plugins
- Top 5 Social Sharing Plugins For WordPress
- WordPress Slider Plugins
- WordPress Notification Bar Plugins
- Easy Adsense Injection WordPress plugin
- Floating Share bar WordPress plugin
- Best Contact Form WordPress Plugin
- Syntax Highlighter WordPress plugins
- Advance Social Widget For WordPress
- Google XML Sitemap Plugin WordPress
Other WordPress Plugins
- 5 Best HTML5 WordPress Music Player Plugins
- 5 Plugins For Adding Watermark on WordPress Blog’s Images
- 5 Best Caching Plugins to Speedup Your WordPress Site
- Top 5 Social Sharing Plugins For WordPress
- 5 WordPress Plugins for Affiliate Link Cloaking
- Best Search Plugins for WordPress To Improve Search Function
Creating a blog is not only the thing. You should also take the security seriously. WordPress is secure but use of themes and plugins can make it vulnerable to many attacks. So, in this section, you will learn how to protect your blog from hackers. This section of WordPress Tutorials will help you in making your WordPress blog secure.
- How to Protect WordPress from Hackers
- Find Vulnerabilities in WordPress blogs with WPScanner
- How to Scan your WordPress site for Malware and Other Security Threats
WordPress How to Guide
These are the essential WordPress How to guide that will help you while customizing and troubleshooting your WordPress based blog or website. This section of WordPress Tutorials is all about the how-to guides of WordPress. You will learn various code and plugins related customization.
- How to Change Username of WordPress website
- How to Quickly Deactivate All WordPress Plugins
- How to Infinite Scrolling to a WordPress Theme
- How to Display Author Gravatar on WordPress Posts
- How to Find Which Plugins is slowing down your WordPress website
- How to Optimize WordPress Blog posts Images
- How to Split a WordPress post to multiple pages
- How to add Admin account in WordPress from FTP
- How to Reset WordPress Password Through FTP
- How to BackUp WordPress
- How to add Adsense Code in WordPress
- How to Display Last Updated Posts in WordPress
- How to Create Your Own WordPress ShortCodes
- How to add Lightbox Effect in Embedded Photos in WordPress Without Any Plugin
- How to Change Author Slug in WordPress and Use Custom Author Slug
- Enable Google Docs Online Viewer for PDF files in WordPress
- How to Embed Google Trends Graph in WordPress Posts And Pages
- How to Schedule Your Posts in WordPress
- How to Create a “Sticky” Floating Sidebar Widget in WordPress
- How to Disable WordPress Post Revisions
- How to give contributors the permission to upload media in WordPress
- How to Add the Skype Share Button in WordPress
- How to display the count of real-time online visitors in WordPress website.
- How to set minimum and maximum comment length in WordPress
- How To Change Post Type of An Article And Convert It To a Different Post Types in WordPress
- How To Change Author Of A Post in WordPress
- How to Disable Delete Post Option for Authors in WordPress
- How to Enable GZIP Compression in WordPress
- How to Disable WordPress RSS Feed
- How to Limit Number of WordPress Revisions
- How to Create Custom Post Types in WordPress
- How to Add Custom Post Types to Your Main WordPress RSS Feed
- How to Add Custom Background to WordPress Posts and Pages
- Remove Unused Image Media Sizes from Your WordPress Site
- How to Embed videos in WordPress blog posts
- How To Lazy Load Images To Speed Up WordPress
- How to Disable Update Check and Notification for Specific Plugin
WordPress AMP Tutorials
I hope this WordPress Tutorials section is helpful for you. I tried my best to keep the tutorials simple and easy to understand. If you like these WordPress Tutorials, please do not forget to share it with your friends.
If you are new to WordPress and want to set up a WordPress blog, you can use my Free WordPress installation service.